40 Small Kitchens with Big Style (MyHomeIdeas.com)
Steal oversized ideas on how to make your tiny cookspace feel bigger with our favorite designs.
75 High-Impact Outdoor Upgrades for Under $75
Click Here for the article on This Old House
The editors share their budget-friendly ideas for sprucing up your patch of green with quick-and-easy DIY projects
Make Your Own Birdhouse (from Lowes.com)
Upstairs Shower Inspiration
This one is really similar to our setup - minus the tub, which will instead be a toilet - and our shower will be quote a bit “longer” than this one. We’re working with a 34” x 48” space. I just noticed how that top piece of glass swivels. Way cool.
And this one is super gorgeous as well. These are both delicious-looking, if you ask me.
get a custom house portrait
these are wicked-cute and oh-so adorable and once we’re done with the house, would be kind of awesome to have!
tips for installing a backsplash
- put down rosin paper on your countertops (over top of cardboard if you want to be extra careful) - or just use the cheaper brown construction paper without moisture protection if you’re pretty confident the cardboard will stop any thinset drips from seeping through…
- use painter’s tape to secure cardboard and paper
- mixing mortar - here’s a handy little video with tips on that.
- the tile back splash needs to be installed on top of cement board, not sheetrock…
- "cement board (1/4″ thick Permabase Ultrabacker to be exact) was about $10 per 3ft x 5ft sheet after the 10% discount code that they offer everyone (YHL10)" from here
most of these tips came from, where else? Young House Love.